Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions


Where is the Harrah Police Department located?

Our headquarters is located at 1900 Church Ave. in downtown Harrah.


How do I contact the Harrah Police Dept. and when is it open?

The main non-emergency number is (405) 454-1203. Our normal business hours are 9:00 am to 11:00am -12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.


Can I call directly to the police department if I have an emergency?

No, you should always dial 9-1-1 in an emergency. The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office is the dispatch for all emergency calls for the Harrah Police Dept. Calling straight to the Police Dept. creates a third party in relaying vital information and will delay our response which could mean precious time lost in an emergency. The non-emergency dispatch number is (405) 454-2222. This number should be called for non-emergency calls requring the assistance of an officer.


Where do I get court related information and pay my fine?

The Municipal Court office is located at City Hall, 19625 N.E. 23rd. or you can mail your payment to PO Box 636, Harrah, OK 73045. You can also pay your ticket online at


How do I dispose of  leftover prescription medications?

The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs has placed a disposal box at the Harrah Police Dept.  You can bring any unused or expired prescription and over the counter medications to our location and they will be put in the box for pickup by OBNDD.  Syringes (new or used), inhalers and liquids should be disposed of appropriately as these items cannot be put in the disposal box.


Who do I call about stray animals in my area?

Call Animal Control at City Hall (405) 454-2951.


What do I need to get my car out of impound?

You must provide the title, current insurance verification and a valid drivers license of the person who’s name is on the title. If the owner of the car does not have a valid drivers license, then a person with a valid drivers license will also need to be present. A $75.00 impound fee is due at the time of release. Impound releases are only available during normal business hours Monday – Friday.


How do I get a copy of my accident or incident report and how much will it cost?

All reports are $1.00/page.

In person – Reports are available at the Police Dept. during normal business hours. We accept cash only.

By mail – Mail in requests are accepted and should include the name of the party involved and the date of the accident/incident. A check should be included for the appropriate amount. It’s advisable to call ahead to make sure the report is ready and to find out the exact cost.


Can anyone obtain a copy of my accident or police report?

Accident reports, including those involving juvenile’s, are considered public information and maybe requested by anyone. Police incident reports are also public information with the exception of those involving a juvenile. Juvenile reports are only available by a court order signed by a judge.  Some information will be redacted when required by law.  Statements and investigative documents may only be obtained with a court order signed by a judge.


How do I get my name taken off a police record?

Expungement of records are by court order only.


Should I call the police to report suspected criminal activity in my neighborhood?

Yes, call 454-1203. Even if you are not positive anything illegal is going on, it is best to call right away. If there is criminal activity, the police need to investigate.


How do I find out how much a traffic ticket will cost?

You can call the Municipal Court at 454-2951.


Who do I call if someone’s yard is in a very bad state of disrepair (such as high grass, excessive trash or junked cards in the yard)?

Call Code Enforcement at 454-2951.


Who do I call to get a broken street/traffic sign repaired?

Call Public Works at 454-2951.


Do I need an alarm permit?

Alarm permits are not required in the City of Harrah at this time.


How do I request a police officer to speak to my group or organization?

Please contact Chief Gary Morgan at 454-1203.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Harrah, Oklahoma